Sunday, April 24, 2011

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.


"Kill you, the P90X will..."

I ran a half mile yesterday and another today and am not dead. For the most part.

Now that it is finally spring in Oregon, my going running lets me mix my two favorite hobbies of chest pains and getting drenched.

Austin went running around the track with me for today's stint (short for "shin splint") and he quickly reminded me that at 18 and being on the varsity track team, he can effortlessly outpace me.

I don't begrudge him this at all. I think I will ground him and turn off his Internet, I am so proud.

Anyway, I am doing a little running (in the sense of "running" fast enough to get away from a distracted toddler), because I want to get my cardio or pulmonary or whatever it's called a little better conditioned to help with doing the P90X that I just ordered.

If you have not heard about or seen P90X before, then I am guessing you either do not own a TV or have eyeballs.

Even if you have not worked out at all for years, P90X is a great way to spend only mumble mumble dollars to allow you to immediately and effortlessly jump right back into working out every day.

Haha! Just kidding. If you are not suicidal, they recommend you first cut down to less than 6 hours a day of gluing your ass to the couch before ordering the DVDs.

Or they will not be legally responsible for "...injury, death or worse".

(Which was easy for me, since I don't watch TV a whole lot. Now if I could just get down to under 6 hours a day on Facebook.)

So, if you didn't already know, P90X is a popular 3 month long workout whose initials stand for: "Power-90 days-Xactly like the 7th circle of hell, but with a pause button".

Or so I've been assured by some.

My professional trainer friend said it "may be a little intense" for me.

My daughter is fortunately a lot more sensitive about not discouraging her beloved father and so she simply laughed out loud (aka LOL) and asked "how long do they allow you to send it back?"

And they both did this right on Facebook, which clearly makes them terrible people you should avoid.

Always remember: "surrounding yourself with only positive reinforcement is critical for reaching your goals."

I read that timeless truth somewhere or just totally pulled it out of my butt. Either way, I think I am going to keep it a secret from everybody else, at least for now, that I am doing the P90X.

Anyhoo, now that I am doing this P90X, I happened to notice that it is sold by 'Beach Body.com". That means in just 90 days I will literally have a body you would expect to see on a beach!

And one that is more human-like in appearance than whale-like, which is a bonus.

Also? When I do finish it toward the end of July, it will most likely have finally stopped raining for more than 3 days in a row in Oregon!

Just in time to hit the beach with my arguably human-like physique before our rainy season starts up again in mid-August.

2 comments:

  1. Beach body in 90 days. I've tried that once. All sunburned red and sand in my nether regions. I think I will LOL, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking is safer, easier on the knees and ankles and you will lose weight. I'm not saying you're too old to run, just old enough to know better...love mom

    ReplyDelete